Attendee Guidelines and Expectations for Participation
Thank you for being part of the 2021 AASECT Virtual Conference! We are looking forward to welcoming you to your Pre-Conference Workshop!
Similar to attending an in-person conference, we ask for a commitment of presence with your fellow learners, facilitators, and course material. Your full attention is needed to process your thoughts and feelings and absorb the material being presented. Additionally, your full attention and presence are required to receive the CE credits. Partial credit will not be awarded. We ask that you please review these Guidelines in detail before attending your Pre-Conference Workshops.
Guidelines & Expectations
- Self-care! Please feel free to move your body and change positions in any way that feels good to you. Be creative with your seating and feel free to move around when needed.
- Please ensure that you find a quiet, private space to participate in.
- If needed, please feel free to take short breaks of less than 5 minutes during the non-break times.
- Wear comfortable clothes, snack, and hydrate as needed.
- Please be on time for your sessions. To receive your CE credits, you will need to be in attendance for the full duration of the session.
- You are required to keep your camera on for most of the pre-conference workshops for attendance purposes. You may take webcam breaks for no more than 10 minutes.
- Participants do not have consent to download or save the live transcription script.
- Please remember to adhere to the AASECT Professional Conduct Guidelines.
Privacy and Distractions
- Children under the age of 18 should not be able to hear or view the content.
- So that you may participate in discussion without censorship and your fellow participants may have privacy during discussion, please find a private, quiet space to be present.
- If it appears you are working, driving, in a public space, or participating in an activity that is distracting, you may be asked to leave the pre-conference workshop. Please note that no refunds will be given in these situations.
You will need:
- Reliable internet connection that allows for video streaming.
- A webcam.
- A headset/earbuds with a microphone if possible. (Background and feedback sounds make it difficult for others to hear you clearly.)
- The Zoom app.
Smartphone users have frequently experienced the following issues:
- Unable to view video and other content (bandwidth issue).
- Frequently and unexpectedly getting kicked off the Zoom app.
- Unable to view participants in the zoom gallery.
- Due to the above, we strongly recommend the use of a computer, laptop, or tablet rather than a phone to ensure full participation.
Additional helpful tech information can be found here.
Thank you once again for sharing your time with us! We are looking forward to sharing this Virtual experience with you and look forward to seeing you soon!
– AASECT Conference Planning Committee & Staff
In addition to the expectations outlined on this page, participants are expected to follow AASECT’s conduct guidelines to ensure a safe and inclusive environment for all attendees.