As the pandemic continues to create uncertainty for the safety of our members and attendance for in-person events, the AASECT Board has voted to cancel the in-person conference that was scheduled to take place in Tampa in June 2022 and move to an online format.
As you can imagine, the board struggled to weigh the many factors in this difficult decision. However, in the end, after considering all the factors including costs, options, and member opinions, the Board felt the risks were too great and the membership too concerned to proceed with the event in person this year. Thank you in advance for your support of the organization in this very challenging time.
We will be pivoting our planning to offer an exciting virtual conference that we hope brings us connection and the great educational sessions we enjoy from an AASECT Conference!
Abstract submission notifications: The AASECT staff and planning committee will be working to notify those that submitted abstracts for presentation at the conference, so stay tuned for more information on your status in the weeks ahead.
The Board would like to thank the AASECT Conference Planning Committee for all of the work that has already gone into the planning process and for their continued commitment to making this event safe, accessible and engaging.
- Karen Rayne, PhD, MA, CSE, CSES, Conference Co-chair
- Shadeen Francis, LMFT, CST, Conference Co-chair
- Joli Hamilton, PhD, CSE, CBI, Professional Education Steering Committee Chair
- Tanya Bass, PhD, MEd, MS, CHES, CSE
- Lexx Brown-James, PhD, LMFT, CSE, CSES, VP of Membership
- Roger Kuhn, PhD, LMFT, CST
- Lourdes Montecon- Garza, MD, CSC
- Catie Brauer, MSW
- Rosalyn Dischiavo, EdD, MA, CSE, CSES AASECT President-elect
- Chris Fariello, PhD, MA, LFT, CSE, CST, CSTS, AASECT President
- Kellie Braband, AASECT Executive Director
- Juana Hopkins Anderson, AASECT meeting staff
- Steve Pampinella, AASECT meeting staff
Please watch your email in the weeks ahead for exciting announcements on the 2022 Virtual Conference dates, keynote presenters, pre-conference workshops and exhibitor/ sponsorship opportunities. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued support of AASECT and we hope to see you all online at the Virtual Conference!