Conference Venue & Hotel: Hyatt Regency San Francisco
One of our highest priorities for welcoming guests and colleagues is doing it with your safety and well-being in mind. Guided by our purpose of care and experience delivering world-class hospitality for more than 60 years, Hyatt’s Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment builds on our existing rigorous safety and cleanliness protocols and includes:
- GBAC STARTM cleanliness and training accreditation process through the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) at all Hyatt hotels*
- Trained Hygiene & Wellbeing Leader or team at all Hyatt hotels*, responsible for their hotel adhering to enhanced operational protocols and training
- Trusted medical and cross-functional industry advisors—including experts from Cleveland Clinic—to help us fine-tune safety protocols and consider various aspects of the entire hotel experience.
Hyatt’s Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment is an important expression of our purpose to care for people so they can be their best, and Hyatt hotels worldwide continue to take precautionary measures in an effort to give our guests, customers, and colleagues peace of mind. Here are some measures you may see at Hyatt hotels* worldwide:
Cleanliness and Safety, With You in Mind
We remain committed to showing care for the well-being of our colleagues and guests in many ways, which may include:
- Sanitizer stations prominently placed throughout hotels
- More frequent cleaning of public spaces and guest room surfaces
- GBAC STARTM accreditation, inclusive of detailed cleanliness training
- Hygiene & Wellbeing Leader to help ensure new protocols are being met
- Enhanced food safety and hygiene protocols, including personal protective equipment where required
- Removal of certain high-touch items from guest rooms
- Reconfiguration of meeting room setups
- Based on local or national mandates or guidance, guests may be required to wear face masks or coverings in hotel indoor public areas and when moving around in outdoor areas at Hyatt hotels* globally. For specific requirements, guests may visit our Travel Updates page or contact the hotel directly.
Safety and cleanliness procedures implemented at each hotel may be adjusted in consideration of local practices, government requirements and guidance, and the situation where the hotel is located.
Face Masks & Coverings
At Hyatt, we believe in responsible and safe travel while staying vigilant and following procedures and protocols developed in consideration of guidance and information shared by the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), other leading organizations and experts, and local government requirements and guidance.
Face masks or coverings may be required in hotel indoor public areas and when moving around in outdoor areas at certain Hyatt hotels globally, based on local mandates or guidance at the time of your event.
Public areas may include hotel lobbies, elevators, meetings and events spaces when guests are not seated and socially distanced, restaurants and bars, and fitness centers. Contact a Hyatt Global Care Center for more information on specific masking requirements for your hotel.
Air Flow/ Ventilation System
Hyatt’s new standard for air filter media is utilization of MERV 13 filters for optimum filtration.
- MERV 13 is a type of filter and it is designed to successfully remove at least 90% of E3 particles, 85% of E2 particles, and 50% of E1 particles.
- All public area AC systems are now kept on for proper air circulation 24/7, including event foyer spaces and interior of meeting spaces when in use.
- Filters replaced monthly.
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco uses filtered outside air – we do not recirculate inside air.
Be Part of the AASECT Annual Conference